Kids are awesome. I had the privilege of spending yesterday with my 3 year old niece Ella. In my opinion, Ella is hands down the cutest, funniest little 3 year old girl in the whole wide world. I might be a bit biased, but I want proof that I am. That being said, I think she also trolled me.
If you don’t know what a troll is (and I’m not talking the kind that lives under a bridge or has a Buddha belly and rad hair) see here:
- slang computing a person who submits deliberately inflammatory articles to an internet discussion
That’s a loose definition of it via Webster’s (they really need to get caught up on the times!) Trolling can totally happen in real life. When someone says something to you to purposely get a specific reaction out of you and it works, you’ve been trolled. Annnnnnnd she totally trolled me. In fact, I’m pretty sure toddler’s have been trolling their parents since the dawn of time but everyone is too caught up on how cute it is to realize they’re being played.
The following scene took place on the way to Wal-Mart yesterday.
Ella: Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. MOMMA!
My Sister: Yes, Ella?
Ella: MOMMA!
Sister: Yes, Ella dear?
Ella: MOMMY!
Sister: What, Ella?
Ella: *At Sprankles!
Me: Yes munchkin?
Ella: At Sprankles!
Me: YES?
Ella: What’s up?
Me: Your mommy’s irritability.
Ella: OH WOW!
Me: Yes, oh wow!
Ella: Why?
Me: Because of you.
Ella: *giggles* But why?
Me: Because you won’t tell her what you want.
Ella: Oh. At Sprankles, where we go?
Me: Wal-Mart.
Ella: NO!
Me: Why not?
Ella: NO NO NO! Mal-Mart is gween!
So here’s the deal. Sometimes it’s hard to understand what Ella is saying because she waited so long to start talking. She just recently started talking in the last 6 months. I know kids start talking earlier, but she is most definitely intelligent. She was tested and also saw a speech therapist. The doctor’s confirmed that Ella is very, very, very intelligent she just…didn’t feel like talking. Honest to god. So now she’s learning to articulate and it doesn’t always work out so well. However, my niece clearly meant one of two things with her statement “Mal-Mart (Wal-Mart) is gween.” (She didn’t mean the color green. Wal-Mart is very blue and Ella knows her colors very well.)
- Green: (urban dictionary) when somebody is hatin or bein wrong
- Greed: (greedy)
Either way, my niece is a genius. She picked out a Spider Man lunch box complete with Disney Princess thermos.
This is her troll face. Note the chocolate on her mouth from the vegan chocolate chip cookies I made.
*My name isn't actually Sprankles. And "At" is Ella's version of "Aunt".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete